President Trump gave his first State of the Union address tonight. And boy, did he deliver.
The president brought several guests, including active military personnel, firefighters and police. The Democrats, on the other hand, invited a gaggle of illegal immigrants into the chambers. (What the Hell has become of today’s Democratic Party?)
There were several amazing moments during the president’s great speech, and there were 115 applause lines.
Here are a few remarkable moments from tonight’s speech.
1. Trump proclaimed the creation of two million new jobs this year, including 200,000 new jobs in manufacturing alone. He also touted the fact that African American unemployment has reached the lowest level in history. That indeed is an amazing statistic. But more profound was the response of the Congressional Black Caucus, who refused to applaud this accomplishment and literally glared at the president with disdain. What the Hell were these ungrateful Congressional leaders thinking? They looked foolish and childish. Indeed, it was a revealing moment when black politicians showed that they would rather see the president fail and their own black constituents remain miserable, solely to protect their own political power. Pathetic.
2. The president said “We celebrate our police, our military and our veterans as heroes who deserve our unwavering support. We salute our flag and why we proudly stand for the National Anthem.” It was a great moment. Republican lawmakers went wild. The Democrats? They remained seated and silent, sitting on their hands. Yes, the Democrats literally refused to show any appreciation for our veterans, our nation’s flag, and our National Anthem. Absolutely disgraceful. How could any Democrat across America be proud of their party tonight?
3. The president called on Congress to empower his cabinet members to reward good performance and fire those government employees who fail. This may not sound like a big deal to those of us who work in the private sector. But make no mistake, this is huge. Government bureaucrats have always assumed that their jobs were there for life, regardless of their own job performance. But that’s about to end. Trump is not a politician. He is a businessman. And he wants accountability. A lot of swamp monsters were not pleased tonight.
4. The president discussed America’s opioid crisis and called upon Congress to impose much tougher laws on drug dealers. As you might expect, Republicans and their guests applauded while Democrats sat quietly. Good grief, what is wrong with these Democrats? Are they not supportive of tougher penalties for drug dealers who are poisoning our children? Incredible.
5. Lastly, President Trump addressed immigration. He said what many of us already knew: Open borders have brought dangerous people into this country. Trump shared the personal story of of two black families in the audience who lost their children to illegal immigrants. And Democrats and their illegal immigrant guests booed shamelessly. It was awful. Trump continued, “My ironclad promise to the American people is to put America first.” Republican lawmakers went wild. But Democrats remained seated and quiet. How absolutely childish. But Trump’s best line of the night came during this section of the speech. He ended his discussion on immigration with this: “My greatest compassion and greatest concern is for America and America’s forgotten communities. I want OUR poor to have their chance to rise. Because Americans are dreamers too!” Wow. Point, set, match, Mr. President.
Congratulations, President Trump. This was your night, and you hit it out of the park.
Please share your thoughts on tonight’s speech in the comments section.